No matter, I will tell all now. I say all- I mean most, I'll be here for months if I wanted to tell all, so instead I'll do what I do best- make a list. A list of highlights from each place during the month!
- Meeting everyone then proceeding to the red light district of Bangkok on the first night.
- Having our welcome meal at Cabbages and condoms restaurant.....
- Hitting Kaoh San road and racing tuk tuk's to a ping pong show on the second night. Gotta get the full experience right?
(That's a condom Christmas tree in case you couldn't read the sign...)
- Gorgeous setting by a river.
- Lovely pool, good for making whirl pools in :D
- Spending every night in Sugar Member bar, and celebrating the owners birthday with an amazing free buffet.
- Temple day, Getting my fortune told there...I'm gonna have a baby boy one day apparently :o.... Getting blessed by a monk and seeing crazy colours during meditation!
- Seeing the food market and learning to cook Pad Thai.
- Waterfalls.... (lots of waterfalls).
- Tiger Temple, getting to stroke about 50 various sized tigers!
- The views from the Death railway over the river Kwai.
- ....oh and of course the two cutest puppies ever Cookie and Tofu.
- Rural and remote town with friendly locals who always gave us a smile and a wave :)
- JACK!!! The best dog in town, followed us everywhere (even to classes) and attempted to protect us from other strays- legend in dog form!
- Secret party in Eddies Tree House....shhhh!
- The legendary 7-11 with its apple slices and kit-kat bites!
- The lake with bamboo raft to sunbathe on, and the odd swimming cockroach if you were unlucky!
- P Guesthouse and it's ice lemon drinks and chicken sandwiches (yum).
- Teaching for two weeks! The kids singing happy birthday to me and giving me sweets on my bday.
- Toy restaurant and its cheap and delicious meals, the vegetarian bakery with yummy chocolate cake, nom nom nom.
- Birthday party on a boat releasing lanterns for good luck.
- Ice creams on the way home from school...every day.
- Grandma's laundry service!
- Elephant trekking and bamboo rafting (and the hilarious DVD that came with it!).
- Canooing across the lake, visiting the Mon side for a festival.
- Being invited to a local party with live music, food and jewellery hehe.
- Beach week! Fantastic resort, living in a beach hut for a week and waking up to this view:
- Spending precious time in the hammock.
- Partying on the beach at Hadd Rin every night.
- FULL MOON PARTY !!!
- The shopping....oh the shopping.....
- The sunsets!
- Getting a bamboo tattoo- cherry blossoms on the inside of my forearm.
- Buckets, buckets and more buckets.
So in summary- good times were had. Sad to be home, but happy to see everyone especially my family and Antony. He even arranged a surprise welcome home meal with all my closest friends! Was such a good night. Now I'm back it's time to get back to the real world and finding myself a job and figuring out when and how me and the boy can move our asses to Brighton.... Wish me luck :)